These are the terms and other important documents that you need to comply with when using our website – (please read carefully before you use our website).
- MyGiftClues Ltd. provides an internet based platform for users to post and share content related to the giving and receiving of gifts.
- Our Acceptable use policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable use policy.
- If you are a registered user of our site, our Registered users policy applies.
1. About us
www.mygiftclues.com is a site operated by MyGiftClues Ltd. (We / Us / Our). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08403276 and have our registered office at Towngate House, 2-8 Parkstone Road, Poole, Dorset, UK, BH15 2PW. Our trading address is MyGiftClues Ltd, PO Box 7833, POOLE, BH14 4EZ.
2. Contact us
To contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your right to use our site
4. Accessing and using our site
- Our site allows you to upload and post content including links, photos, comments, and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on our site is referred to as posted content. You are solely responsible for the posted content you place on our site.
- You must not:-
- Republish, re-post or show in any way material from our site in public (including republication on another website) unless expressly permitted by us or unless it is during the course of using this site for its intended purpose;
- Sell, rent or sub-licence material from this site;
- Re-produce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our site for a commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the site, other than in relation to your own posted content or profile.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice.
- You must not use any other person’s username and password to access restricted areas of our site.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
- We take the safety and security of our site in general and of Registered Users very seriously. MyGiftClues Ltd cannot guarantee that our security measures or posted content policies may not be compromised or breached and can take no responsibility or assume liability for posted content placed or shared on our site. If you find a problem with security or think someone is misusing our site in any way then please let us know as described in our Responsible disclosure policy.
5. Registered Users
- Our site is made available free of charge. Access to certain areas of our site is restricted to registered users only as further detailed in our Registered users policy.
- In order to become a Registered User, you must complete the registration process.
6. No reliance on information
- The content on our site (including any commercial content or advertising) is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
7. Acceptable use policy
- The views expressed by other users of our site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from malware, viruses or software errors (bugs) of any description.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing malware including without limitation viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
9. Linking to our site
- You may link to our home page or other pages on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website without the website owner’s permission.
- Our site or any individual element, layout or design of any page within our site, or the MyGiftClues Ltd. name, trademark, logo or other proprietary information must not be framed, displayed or mirrored on any other site, without our express written consent.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website with which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable use policy.
10. Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such intellectual property rights are reserved.
- By using our site you allow us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive, transferrable, irrevocable right to reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media. You also grant us the right to sub-licence these rights, and the right to bring an action for the infringement of these rights.
- Content includes without limitation, images, links, audio material, text, audio-visual material that you submit to our site for whatever purpose.
- is a registered trademark of MyGiftClues Ltd.
As well as our Responsible disclosure policy we value any comments or suggestions our users may have to help make this a better site for everyone to use. If you choose to submit feedback you agree that we can use your comments without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your feedback we do not waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to us, or developed by our employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
12. Limitation of our liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user (whether a registered user or a visitor) for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with:-
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses, distributed denial-of-service attack, malware or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Material posted on our site may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by MyGiftClues Ltd. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site and such links are not an endorsement by us of those linked websites. If you access any linked website, service, or content from links posted or shared with you from MyGiftClues.com you do so at your own risk and you agree that we will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Suspension and termination
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posted content or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Editing / removing your content
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material content or links submitted to our site, or stored on servers, or hosted or published on our site. Notwithstanding our rights in this regard, we do not promise to monitor the submission of such content or the publication of such content, material or links.
What we do with your content
Following termination or suspension of your account certain aspects of your posted content may be retained for a reasonable time period by MyGiftClues for back-up, archival and audit reasons or for other business related analytical purposes. Any of your posted content that was public at the time of account termination or suspension will no longer be publically available via the functionality of our site. However, any posted content previously shared may remain publically available even after you or we have deleted posted content from your account and we accept no responsibility or liability for such shared content still being publically available.
14. Applicable law
Our website is controlled and operated from the United Kingdom and we make no representation or warranty that its use is appropriate or available in other geographic locations.
15. General terms
We hope you enjoy using MyGiftClues.com for the purpose it is intended. Thank you for visiting and using our website responsibly.